Thursday 1 July 2010

Learning & sharing knowledge

I'm sitting in a 'social networking crash course' which I am primarily attending for work, trying to decide what my 'core purpose' is. For the sake of this blog post (and the course), I'm going to talk about how my core purpose is learning & sharing knowledge.

For me, learning is life's ultimate purpose: it IS the journey, it IS growth. I would like to think of myself as "interested in everything". Nothing is boring when you are constantly learning. All information is new and conversely, being able to share knowledge, ideas & opinions is one of the most gratifying things in life. Books are obviously one of my favourite facilities to do this - but I also love using the internet as a platform to connect with people & share information on a real-time basis.

I'm an optimist and like to get the best out of everything. (I'm seriously thinking of getting a tattoo which says 'make lemonade', though some part of my brain keeps telling me it's ridiculous. Perhaps I should be telling myself to embrace the ridiculous - jump forward! ACT! LIFE IS SHORT!) Social networking is no different. I'm using these tools to have fun, to make connections, to share & to learn. And these are the same values I apply to my life.

What would you say is your 'core purpose'?

No comments: